What will happen on the day – Registration Guide Can’t come on the 17th? You can still Save a Life
Come along and we’ll do all the hard work for you.
5 Steps Guide:
1. Come along and check if you are eligible to be a donor:
Age Criteria – You must be aged between 17 and 55 years old
Health Criteria – You need to be in general good health (check the exclusion criteria below)
Weight Criteria – You must weigh over 7st 12 Ibs (50kg) & have a body mass index (BMI) lower than 40
2. Proceed to the Registration Hall where you will be greeted and allocated a volunteer.
3. Your volunteer will fill in a short registration form while you are swabbing each of your cheeks for60 seconds with the cotton bud like swabs and dry them for 2 minutes.
4. Proceed to the Final Check Desk to hand over the envelope with your swabs. This is your chance to make a monetary donation as well.
5. That’s it! Time to have fun in the adjacent hall, enjoy all the activities on offer and buy a raffle ticket (if you still don’t have one!).
Important Exclusion Criteria
- Heart diseases (e.g. previous heart attack, coronary heart disease)
- Lung diseases (e.g. severe bronchial asthma)
- Diseases of the haematopoietic system
- Severe kidney diseases
- Severe illnesses of the central nervous system
- Metabolic diseases
- Autoimmune conditions (e.g. rheumatism, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Severe infectious diseases, (e.g. HIV or AIDS, Hepatitis C, chronic Hepatitis B)
- Weight under 7 stone 12 lbs/50 kg
- Obesity (i.e. with a body mass index (BMI) > 40)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of the Delete Blood Cancer UK team for initial guidance by calling us on T: 020 3176 7661