A number of schools and nurseries expressed their interest in participating in the blood cancer Awareness week starting 12th January and Swab. Save a Life event on Saturday 17th January. Our target is an ambitious 1000+ swabs!
If your school or nursery would like to get involved, here is how:
- promote the event in your school (newsletters, Facebook, website, school calendar etc.)
- encourage your staff and parents to SWAB!
- get your Parents Committees involved and ask them to contact us and we would be happy to brief them on all the details.
- we are looking for volunteers who will be able to help on the day with registration and also with fund raising activities and refreshments. If anyone in your school or nursery is interested, please direct them to For Volunteers section of this website for more information.
- would any parents be able to donate any raffle prizes? We will be selling raffle tickets during w/c 12 January.
- hold an assembly during the blood cancer Awareness Week (w/c 12th January) on the subject of stem cell donation and it’s importance. If you decide to hold an assembly, a member of Margot’s family will come and give a talk for children and teachers (age appropriate). Registration stations will also be available at the end of assemblies.
- we are keen to get kids involved in the event to make it a true community day. From hall decorations with bows /angel artworks to a school fundraising stall with artwork/crafts/cakes etc. made by the kids. We are open to ideas.
We do hope you’ll get involved in some way and help us to make this day a success.
Any questions, need more information or would like to share your ideas, get in touch
Elizabeth and Amanda firstname.lastname@example.org
Marina Calero email@example.com